Saturday, November 15, 2008

Lost: IS RECOVERED

This utility is very useful actually. Today when I checked my disk space on my logical drive I was shocked to see about 10GB of extra disk spaced used up but I could not find the application which is eating that. I was confused of what to do and searched and checked almost all files on my windows drive, but could not find the application which is occupying the space. So was deleting some games, temp files, internet cookies and other set up log files which I know are not important system files. Still I managed to free up only a small space on my logical drive.

So I started to remove some files took a back up of documents to my external HDD. Then I remembered this disk clean up option. This option showed clearly which component is occupying so much space. Actually the files discarded by widows from the windows update occupied around 7 GB disk spaces which I could not find manually. Then some other component like set up log files which I was unsure whether to remove or not also was removed by this disk clean up. So it is better to run DISK CLEAN UP activity once in a while. I recovered around 9.24GB of disk space which was struck so long.

No comments: